Follow these easy steps to assemble your EQUINOX Series detector.
Attach coil to lower shaft
- Insert the two yoke washers into the holes on either side of the yoke.
- Slide the yoke into the yoke bracket on top of the coil. Ensure that the spring-loaded pin in the lower shaft is underneath.
- Insert the yoke bolt through the yoke and the yoke bracket.
- Fasten with the yoke nut - Do not over-tighten.
- Loosen the twist locks by rotating them counter-clockwise.
- Press the spring-loaded pin in the lower shaft and slide it into the middle shaft until the pin reaches the adjustment holes. The pin will click into place.
- Attach the middle shaft to the upper shaft in the same way.
- Lock the position of the shafts by rotating twist locks clockwise.
- Place the armrest onto the top of the upper shaft. Position the armrest just below your elbow, then align the central hole in the armrest with the nearest hole in the shaft.
- Insert the screw through the stand, upper shaft, and armrest. Tighten the screw carefully.
- With the velcro side facing upwards, thread the armrest strap through both slots in the armrest. Ensure the end of the strap will be fastened outwards from your arm.
- Wrap the coil cable around the lower and middle shaft enough times to take up the slack, but so the coil can still tilt without restriction.
- Use the velcro tabs provided to secure the coil cable against the shaft.
- Align the coil connector and plug into the socket in the back of the control unit, tightening the retaining ring.